This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of (our website visitors and service users); in other words where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
Fire Shield Systems Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Fire Shield Systems Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and surname.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering with us, asking questions or requesting information or further services.
- contact information including email address.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- demographic information such as postcode.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- We may have to disclose information about customers to our professional advisors to obtain professional advice.
- Other than as set out above, we will not disclose your information to anyone else.
Retention of data
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you wish to be informed what personal data we hold about you and if you want it removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- Rectify any Personal Data held about you that is in accurate.
- Request the deletion of Personal Data held about you.
You have the right to data portability for the information you provide Fire Shield Systems Ltd. You can request to obtain a copy of your personal data in a commonly used electronic format, so that you can manage and move it. Please note we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your desktop or mobile devices browsers. They are used by websites to remember things about you or store you preferences (for example they might store information which lets them understand who you are so you can remain logged into a user account). Cookies act as a memory for most websites, allowing the website to remember you and provide appropriate responses when you return, or to customise your experience of the site.
What Kinds of Cookies Does www.fireshieldsystemsltd.co.uk use?
We use the following cookies:
- Anonymous Analytics
- Site Functionality Cookies
- Site Behaviour Cookies
- Third Party Cookies
These cookies are used to find out whether you have visited our site before, when you have visited the site and what pages you visit. They also give information on the type of device you are using to browse the site.
This information is anonymous and can’t be used to identify you, unless you were to use a user-unique page, which this site does not have.
We use this information for statistics purposes, letting us see how many people are visiting our site and what pages they are visiting, allowing us to make improvements to give you a better user experience and ensure you can find the content you are looking for.
Site Functionality Cookies
These cookies are essential for the site to function correctly, they allow the site to remember important information such as whether you are signed in or not, what order you view comments on blog posts or display settings for a page.
Site Behaviour Cookies
These cookies allow us to track your behaviour on our site, allowing us to follow what you click or where you move your mouse on the pages you are on. This information will allow us to be able to identify you if, for example, you fill in a form with your email address.
We use this information to improve our site experience and identify whether customers might be having trouble using our site, so that we can make it easier for you to find the content you are looking for.
Third Party Cookies
There may be third parties (other organisations) that set their own anonymous cookies, they do this to track successes in the services they offer or to customise your experience. An example of this might be that if you click one of the social media share buttons, the social media platform that provided that button will record the click.
We have no control over, nor access to, these cookies. These other organisations also have no access to our cookies or the data they contain. These third parties will have their own privacy policies that you will be able to view more information.
How do I Turn Cookies Off?
Most browsers also allow you to delete cookies you already have, allowing you to remove cookies from your system. Below are help links on cookies from the most popular browsers, you can visit them to provide more information.
Alternatively, if you are concerned with third party advertising cookies, you can turn these off by visiting: Your Online Choices site. Please note that not all of these advertisers are likely to be on our website.
For more information about privacy issues you may wish to visit the website for the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Alternatively feel free to ask us any further questions about cookies on our site firstname.lastname@example.org.